- 22 July 2015
In the last few years, Rwanda has undergone a major resurgence, steadily emerging as a tourism hub in Africa, and with several awards to boot.
If the first thing that comes to mind when you hear Rwanda is genocide and war, then please be informed that you're so 2000 and late.In the last few years, Rwanda has undergone a major resurgence, steadily emerging as a tourism hub in Africa, and with several awards to boot.
Boasting a green mountainous landscape, vast wildlife and historic museums, Rwanda has emerged as one of the newest entrants to the tourist hot spots in Africa for the following reasons:
Affordable : Rwanda is easily one of the most affordable destinations in Africa. There's also the fact that it's visa-on-arrival for Ghanaians.
Tourist attractions : Between the national parks, museums and Genocide Memorial, there's plenty to see in Rwanda.
Wildlife : If you're a lover of wildlife, then Rwanda should be on your radar as the Volcanoes National Park, Ngungwe National Park amongst others offer a unique array of plants, primates, birds and more. Be sure to take a canopy walk through the Ngungwe National Park and hike through the Volcanoes Park.
Food : What's a great tourist spot without good food? From the bistros and cafes, to the local cuisine, there's something for everyone.
Safe : Despite it's war history, Rwanda is largely safe and it is not uncommon to find people take an evening stroll around the capital city, Kigali.
Friendly people : The people of Rwanda are generally a friendly lot who are happy to show tourists around or engage in conversation in English and French, which are the official languages spoken in the country.
Source : pulse.com.gh
- 6 reasons why Rwanda is the new tourism 'hot spot'
- Rwanda to attract investment in the tourism sector
- Rwanda imports lions to boost tourism
- Rwanda ranked 3rd greenest destination in the worl...
- What is Rwanda’s tourism success secret?
- Why Govt Should Look Beyond ITB
- Top French Tourism School to Open Campus in Kigali
- Rwanda Scoops Global Tourism Award
- Cultural Tourism Can Rake in Millions of Dollars
- Giving Tour Guides Tools to Make Rwanda Region's T...
- Over a million tourists help Rwanda's tourism reve...